Monday, July 31, 2017

🖤 RAPUNZEL 🖤

The MIDNIGHT RIVER edition of RAPUNZEL ... is here!

Illustrated edition of Rapunzel

I'm so excited to have published another illustrated book!

First Page with Floral Motif

I chose to illustrate the classic fairy tale of Rapunzel because I love the story, especially the magical and often-forgotten end.

I used an English translation from the original German which dates from 1884.  

This translation is widely used and retains the style of the authors, The Brothers Grimm.  It is also in the public domain so I could use it freely to create my illustrated edition of Rapunzel.




Floral Motifs


There are illustrations on almost every page ...

I hand drew each illustration in ink.  There are also decorative printer's ornaments that I drew throughout the text.

These drawings were scanned into my computer.  I then used Open Office to create the interior of my book.

I worked hard to make each page special!





The Enchanted Garden


Some pages have large, detailed illustrations ...

I especially loved drawing the Enchantress' Garden, full of rampion which proves irresistible to Rapunzel's pregnant mother.

These large illustrations are also available as printable coloring pages, color prints, and nice vinyl stickers in my Etsy shop.  




... while others have spot illustration.

Since the story is nice and short, I stretched it out with lots of magical ink illustrations so you can savor the experience.  

My edition is 31 pages long and is in large print.  

I tried to make it perfect for both beginner readers and those that enjoy cool folksy art, fairy tales, or both.






From cover to cover, my Midnight River edition of Rapunzel was created with hopes of enchanting the reader and celebrating the magic of a timeless fairy tale.

I hope I succeeded!  Thanks for stopping by!

🖤You can find Rapunzel on Amazon or in my Etsy shop🖤

 







No comments:

Post a Comment